After reading the New York Times article "Nike's Chief of Design Doodles All Day", I feel like I know the clothing brand a lot better than I did before. I've supported this specific clothing brand for a long time. Buying their t shirts, shoes, socks, shorts, pants, and even bags. It's interesting, to see and learn how John Hoke (chief design officer of Nike) operates, and how he creates new Nike shoes. I found it amazing how John Hoke has dyslexia, but he didn't let it stop him. Instead he used his disability to his advantage! John uses his dyslexia to view how he creates: shoes, socks, shirts, shorts, and other apparel. To hear him say that, really inspired me. My entire school life, I've had to deal with that I learn at a slower pace than most students do. From elementary school, to high school I had an IEP in my "student portfolio". For a long time, I hated dealing with my disability. But after a while, I just got used to having it. It made me realize, this is who I am. After that, it never really bothered me having it. Seeing how John uses his disability to make the world a better place, just made my day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog